Thank you to KerberRose for participating in Career Options “Make it Happen in 2017-2018” resource guide for area companies! Please see below for their response to one of the questions we addressed:
What are six questions to ask when interviewing a CPA/CPA firm?
- What is your background? Education, work experience and credentials?
- What type of clients/industries do you typically work with?
- What are your fees? Not just hourly rates but the typical fee for the type of services you will be requesting.
- Can you provide 2-3 references from current clients?
- What other staff might be expected to work on your account?
- Is there a clear succession plan if my CPA is nearing retirement or is unable to continue working for whatever reason?
Explain five common (big picture) business mistakes:
- No discussions with the appropriate professions prior to completing a significant business transaction.
- Not keeping the bank informed of anticipated cash-flow needs or when financial results are below expectations.
- Not developing a business succession plan (or allowing enough time to implement a plan)
- Not having adequate insurance to cover unexpected negative events.
- Not recognizing who the business’s key employees are and taking appropriate steps to retain them.
For more information regarding these topics, please contact:
4211 N. Lightning Drive, Ste A | Appleton, WI 54913
Phone 920-993-0105 | Fax 920-993-0116 • Jim.Mathes@kerberrose.com | www.kerberrose.com