Thank you to Strategic Solutions Consulting LLC for participating in Career Options “Make it Happen in 2017-2018” resource guide for area companies!
Please see below for their response to one of the questions we addressed:
What are 4-6 tips to help a company during a transition in key management?
- Document key information from the incumbent, finding out exactly what they do.
- Look at what the company needs in the key leader/manager to be successful (based on what the business needs in the future).
- Develop an Ideal Candidate Profile for the role you are looking to fill, including minimum and desired requirements.
- Develop an objective evaluation system for rating potential successors so that all candidates are compared consistently, with little or no biases.
- Look at the dynamics of the current team (strengths and weaknesses, and look to create a more well-balanced team-hiring someone who is strong where the rest of the team is not).
- Have a plan and timeline for a gradual transition (training/mentoring, job shadowing, introductions to key customers, etc.).
For more information regarding these topics, please contact:
Strategic Solutions Consulting LLC
2 Systems Drive
Appleton, WI 54914